Do as directed

 Do as Directed

1. Plants and animals seldom find the ideal surroundings. (Use past perfect tense)

Ans- Plants and animals had seldom found the ideal surroundings.

2. They are inspired by ideas and theories. (Use past perfect tense)

Ans- They had inspired by ideas and theories.

3. We were searching for a new game. (Use Simple Present tense)

Ans- We search for a new game.

4. They was not serious about their work. (Spot the error)

Ans- They were not serious about their work.

5. Michael Dell is one of the most richest person in the world. (Spot the error)

Ans- Michael Dell is one of the richest person in the world. 

6. . I usually asks my employees to be punctual in their tasks. ( Spot the error)

Ans- I usually ask my emplyoees to be punctual in their tasks.

7. The Prince noticed there long faces.He blazed with anger.

(Make it a Simple sentence)

Ans- Noticing their long faces The Prince blazed with anger.

8. He knocked at the gate and demanded admission. ( Make it a Simple sentence)

Ans- knocking at the gate, he demanded admission.

9. He not only recommended me to several employers, but lent me some money also. (Make it a Simple sentence)

Ans- Besides recommending me to several employers, he also lent me some money.

10. I made a few mistakes, but learnt a lot about motivation. (Rewrite as a simple sentence)

Ans- After making a few mistakes, I learnt a lot about motivation.

11. Every student's comprehension level is different. ( Add a question tag)

Ans-. Every student's comprehension level is different, isn't it? 

12. Advertisers are one of the biggest playerss in Big data. (Begin the sentence with very few.....)

Ans- Very few players in Big data are as big as advertisers.

13. One dollar for the Sega would be enough. (Make a rhetorical question)

Ans- Wouldn't one dollar for the Sega be enough?

14. We infect the world with our ill-humor. (Rewrite as a rhetorical question)

Ans- Don't we infect the world with our ill-humor?

15. The author thought he had left home .......any money. (with/ without)

Ans- The author thought he had left home without any money.

16. She is .....United States senator.

(Use proper articles )

Ans- She is a United States senator.

17. I heard ...... interesting story yesterday. (Use proper articles)

Ans- I heard an interesting story yesterday.

18. I eat ......orange every day . (Use proper articles)

Ans- I eat an orange every day. 

19. Where is ___ busiest city in ___ world. (Use proper articles)

Ans. Where is the busiest city in the world.

20...... Netherlands is still under.... lockdown. (Use proper articles)

Ans. The Netherlands is still under a lockdown.

21. We are going on vacation _______ August. (Use Proper preposition)

Ans- We are going on vacation in August.

22. Please put the vase ________ the table. (Use Proper preposition)

Ans- Please put the vase on the table.

23. I received a present ________ Jane. (Use Proper preposition)

Ans- I received a present from Jane.

24. School begins ________ Monday.

 (Use Proper preposition)

Ans- School begins on Monday.

25. As soon as I arrived at the station, the train came. (Use No sooner ....than )

Ans- No sooner did I arrive at the station than the train left. 

26. As soon as she finished one project, she started working on the next. (Use No sooner ....than )

Ans- No sooner did she finish one project than she started working on the next.

27. Shut the door. (Change the voice)

Ans- Let the door be shut.

28. Post the letter at once. (Change the voice)

Ans- Let the letter be posted at once.

29. Always speak the truth. (Change the voice)

Ans- Let the truth always be spoken.

30. Please do me a favour tonight.. (Change the voice)

 Ans- You are requested to do me a favour tonight.

31. Get out of my house. (Change the voice)

Ans- You are ordered to get out of my house.

32. He said, “My father is playing cricket with me.” (Change it into indirect speech)

Ans- He said that his father was playing cricket with him.

33. They said, “We have completed our homework.” (Change it into indirect speech)

Ans- They said that they had completed their homework.

34. She said, “I have been waiting for him since last morning.” (Change it into indirect speech)

Ans-She said that she had been waiting for him since last morning.

35.She said, “I shall be visiting my college tomorrow.” (Change it into indirect speech)

Ans- She said that she would be visiting her college the following day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------+-----




Popular posts from this blog

2.2 The Sower - Appreciation

Tense-Simple Present-Past-Future

2.3 There is Another Sky -Appreciation